Swing Bed Program
For more information on eligibility requirements or for assistance, please call the Swing Bed Coordinator at 601-732-6301,ext. 8555 or 1042
The Swing Bed Program at Scott Regional Hospital provides the very best in rehabilitative and recuperative care. Our staff of professionals can help you regain the skills necessary for an independent lifestyle. We work with you to help manage your health once you have been discharged.
The inpatient program provides recuperative care for patients who have been hospitalized for an illness and who meet certain criteria.
Admissions to the Swing Bed Program are made through your physician and the Swing Bed Coordinator. If you qualify, you are evaluated prior to admission to ensure that swing bed is the most appropriate level of care.
The Swing Bed Program bridges the gap between acute hospital care and the return to home or to assisted living.
Admission Qualifications for the Swing Bed Program
You must meet certain requirements to be admitted to the Swing Bed Program. Identification of the need for specialized care may be as early as the first hospital day or sometimes prior to admission to the hospital.
- You must have been hospitalized for a minimum of three nights for an acute illness/surgery.
- You must require at least one skilled service.
- You must be assessed and accepted by all team disciplines.
- You must have an accepted physician on the Scott Regional Hospital staff.
Qualifying for the Swing Bed Program
- Post-surgical orthopaedic conditions following knee surgery, hip replacement or shoulder surgery
- Intravenous Antibiotic therapy
- Wound care
- Rehabilitation, including physician therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy
Other conditions may also qualify you for admission to the Swing Bed Program.